About this publicationThe diocesan newspaper the Waiapu Church Gazette was published between 1910 and 1945. It is most likely the successor for an earlier paper the Waipu Church Times although there is a 23 month gap between the two.
The Gazette was published in Napier by Dinwiddie, Walker of Tennyson Street and, from May 1931, The Daily Telegraph, Tennyson St. Of note, the last publication printed by the former was just one day before the Napier Earthquake which occurred on 3 Feb 1931. The paper was published monthly and its circulation was reported in 1912 as 2000 copies each month.
The editors included the Rev Allan Gardiner, with the assistance of Archdeacon Ruddock (1910 to 1912?); Rev Matthew Butterfield (1912-1927) and Rev. Allfred Neild (1936-1941).
The Waiapu Church Gazette ceased publication in December 1945 after Synod accepted a proposal to amalgamate it with the Wellington Church and People and the Auckland Gazette. Issues not published or not extant1916: June
1931: February, March, April, DecemberAcknowledgementThis newspaper was digitised in partnership with the National Library of New Zealand / Te Puna Mātauranga o Aotearoa
John Kinder Theological Library (30th Jan 2017). The Waiapu Church Gazette. In Website John Kinder Theological Library. Retrieved 22nd May 2018 20:17, from http://kinderlibrary.recollect.co.nz/nodes/view/1336